Today we talk to Andy Fletcher, a chartered accountant with a MBA from London Business School, who is also responsible for making spectacular family theatre events happen in unique spaces.
With an eclectic business path behind him, Andy shares his career to date and how he came to be responsible for In the Night Garden Live (amongst others).
In the Night Garden Live was his first production with partner Andy Collier, and it has toured the UK in its own inflatable theatre since 2009. Now in its 10th year, In the Night Garden Live is considered one of the UK’s favourite family events and with audience figures standing at well over 1 million, as well as a whopping 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 12,844 parents’ reviews, no other show holds a torch to this one.
Join us on today’s podcast to hear Andy talking about:
- Why he chose to get involved with such a complicated production as In The Night Garden.
- His reason behind opting to use the airline ticketing model to sell theatre tickets.
- Why he believes their ticketing model is the ticketing model of the future.
- The difference between their two productions: In The Night Garden and Bing Bunny (as well as dropping a bombshell that they have another production in the pipeline).
- Why it’s so important as a small business owner to be a jack of all trades.
- The importance of investing in great staff.