This week’s guest on The Melting Pot is considered to be the world’s foremost expert on hiring, Dr. Brad Smart. Brad is the founder and CEO of Topgrading Inc, a company that, amongst many things, interviews candidates for hire or promotion to senior positions - the A players, the topgrade.
Brad’s methodology is so successful, he is credited with tripling the successful hiring and promotion of high performers at companies such as General Electric, Honeywell, Barclays, and the American Heart Association.
Since the 1970s, Brad has conducted close to 7,000 in-depth interviews with executives and has authored 7 books. Topgrading Inc doesn’t just interview candidates, it is also a software company whose platform is designed to integrate with any company’s applicant tracking software.
On today’s podcast:
- Why Brad got started recruiting high performers
- The truth serum
- The secrets of topgrading
- Why HR can’t deliver A-players
- 40-50% of all resumes contain significant lies
- Why he replaced the job description with a scorecard
- Why he isn’t a fan of psychometric testing