Today’s guest on The Melting Pot is John Housego, a proud Cornishman now living in Scotland. John’s background is in engineering and he spent 22 years with W L Gore & Associates.
During his time with the company he discovered a passion for developing employee ownership more widely as a business model for the health and welfare of the staff, but also because of the benefits it can bring to company resilience and performance. For John, personal growth at work for all members of the team is incredibly important, as is the culture within that organisation.
Throughout his time as a leader with W L Gore & Associates, he learned to become more self-aware, understood how his actions affect others and also found ways to build stronger teams through effective learning and appreciation for EQ.
On today’s podcast:
- The impact leaders have on employee performance
- The sensitivity to team dynamics when things begin to shift in the workplace
- Why employers should work to develop employee ownership more widely
- The importance of company culture, values and goals to employees
- Why having an associate ownership programme works so well at W L Gore & Associates