Henry Stewart believes people should find joy at work. And it’s not just a nice idea, it’s good business. And as the Chief Happiness Officer at Happy Ltd and author of Happy Manifesto, Henry has made happiness his business.
Happy workplaces are more profitable, and have increased share growth. Employees are naturally more engaged with their work, and staff retention improves.
During our conversation we explore a few of the core principles of the Happy Manifesto and talk about what it really what it looks like when you trust your people. We also discuss how pre-approving, playing to strengths, and celebrating mistakes are continuing to revolutionise how Happy Ltd operates.
On today’s podcast:
- Trusting your people and empowering them to make decisions
- Coaching rather than managing your staff, and selecting the right people for these roles
- Shifting from blame culture to embrace opportunities for improvement
- Training for skill, and getting great at your strengths
- Giving choices, not delegating tasks