Today’s guest is the founder and Managing Director of creative brand agency, MadeBrave® and Executive Chairman of content production agency, Campfire®, Andrew Dobbie.
A designer and photographer originally, Andrew is on a mission to inspire creativity in everyone, believing that branding and marketing don’t need to be confusing and has set up two agencies to help businesses bring their best ideas to life.
MadeBrave® was founded seven years ago and now sees an annual turnover of £4m. Starting with just him, it quickly grew and saw him handing over design responsibility to a better designer very early on. The agency then grew faster and within a year he had six employers. As MadeBrave® entered their second year they were bringing in one new employee a month, and within two years he had 16 employees.
So how did Andrew go from freelance design to being the CEO of two agencies?
On today’s podcast:
- Andrew’s motivation to branch out on his own
- How he got so busy, quickly
- Why he took a step back from designing to focus on the business
- How he grew and cultivated his brand
- How Andrew’s companies use their brand values to attract top employees
- His advice on thinking positively
- How to grow and scale a creative business